In the small but cozy office in Milan via Capecelatro and then via Alfieri in Cesano Boscone, Tecsystem designed the first unit for the thermal control of dry type distribution transformers with microcontroller.
It is the time of the transition from electromechanical control with bulb thermometer to the electronic one!
Initially equipped with deep-switches, by which you set the alarm and trip thresholds, the T-188 is the first release in a series of “acronyms and numbers“ to distinguish the products with.
In the following years, the main characteristic of the units will be the internal eprom inside the microcontroller, for the management of the temperature and the programming on the front panel.
These are the years of export growth and informatics expansion in the industrial field!
Tecsystem develops a device capable of working with universal power supply and gets UL and RINA certifications.
In conjunction, Tecsystem developed a tool for connecting the control units to the PC and introduces the RS232 serial communication in some versions of the product (T935 / T538).
In the late ‘90s, Tecsystem also focuses on the development of a range of equipment to control the on board forced ventilation systems (VXT-20 / VRT), which in the meantime TECSYSTEM has become manufacturer.
These systems require more space for production and a thorough knowledge of the transformer cooling.
A decade full of events:
– Continued expansion of production with the resultant changes to headquarters: first in Via Cristoforo Colombo and then in via Leonardo Da Vinci in Corsico;
– ISO 9001 Certification;
– Technology with Infrared Sensor for temperature control without contact (NT935IR);
– The Blue Tooth technology for the transmission of data from the transformer to the control unit;
– The development of devices for remote communication with Modbus RTU and IEC 61850
– The design of a thermal imaging unit (NT133) for the power transformers;
– The development of the technology of temperature transmission over fiber-optic long-distance
– The development of the fully electronic system for controlling Temperature Pressure and Level of hermetic oil transformers (TPL165 and later versions)
Buzzwords: internationalization and product innovation.
The year 2011 marks the opening of two production branches in Shanghai for the Asian market and in Egypt for the
Middle East market. Well as the creation of a licensee in Brazil to follow more closely the South American market.
At the end of 2015, the launch of the new range of products designed to fit the needs of each customer and to anticipate
changes in the market quickly and flexibly.
Dual front display to have more information available at the same time, more intuitive layout of connection and weight
reduction are just some of the plus characterizing the range of products.